One of my favourite ways to stay cozy in the winter is to enjoy a hot beverage. With a plethora of Edmonton cafés to choose from, and even more delicious drinks to try, I’d thought I’d share some of my favourites with you.
This list is comprised of all the places I’ve visited that either have a great atmosphere, delicious treats, or the best lattes and tea. They’re listed here in no particular order, and I’ve shared why I added them here!
The Edmonton cafés I’ve tried and loved:
- BRU Coffee + Beer House
- This place had such a cool vibe and the sandwiches were amazing. Places like this where you can go for a bevy and hang out with friends are missing here in Canada. It definitely gave me UK feels.
- Lock Stock Coffee
- Underground pub turned coffee shop? Sign me up. Another cool and cozy place to hang out Downtown YEG.
- Remedy Café
- If you’ve never been to a Remedy Café, have you even lived in Edmonton? A classic place where all the students hang out. I just like them for their iconic chai.
- Block 1912 Café
- Serving everything from coffee to cocktails, this busy café on Whyte Ave is a well- known and loved place for all in Edmonton.
- New York Bagel Café
- More of a bougie brunch place than anything, they still serve up delicious caffeinated beverages.
- Iconoclast Coffee Roasters
- If you don’t know where this place is, it’s easy to miss. But it is such a unique place with a focus on community, not consumerism. I’ve been back a few times.
- Café O’Play
- I’ve included this place for all the Edmonton parents out there who often don’t get to enjoy café culture. They have an amazing play space for kids and delicious lattes for you.
- Common Ground Community Café
- Non-profit coffee shop in Sherwood Park that is all about community and heart.
- Culina Muttart Cafe
- Amazing brunch in a cool location: the Muttart Conservatory downtown. The coffee is pretty great too.
- Café Linnea
- Beautifully styled location with delicious cheese plates, need I say more?
- Duchess Bake Shop
- An iconic Edmonton café with a heavy focus on baked goods. Literally the best macaroons in town.
The Edmonton cafés I haven’t tried yet but would love to:
- Little Brick
- Café Bicyclette
- The Woodrack Café
- Elm Café
- Transcend Coffee
- The Barking Buffalo Café
- Café Mosaics
- Cat Café on Whyte
- District Café & Bakery
- Board N Brew Café
I hope you’ve enjoyed another Edmonton list! If you’d like to see my restaurant guide, check out this post here. What do you think of this list? Anything you would add or change? Tell me your favourite Edmonton café in the comments below!